Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby Éclairs



If you are a true dessert lover, at some point of your life you have tried an éclair. I don't expect you to have traveled to France to eat a fresh one, but if you are in the South Florida area, I encourage you to try the best éclairs in town, Côté France in Boca Raton.

The éclair is the French equivalent of doughnuts although they differ in many ways. The éclairs are a long and 
thin pastry made with choux pastry dough filled with a cream and topped with icing. The flavor of the cream can be coffee, chocolate, pastry cream, custard or whipped cream and the fondant icing is usually the same flavor as the filling.

Although the actual place of origin is uncertain, the éclair probably originated in France during the 19th century by Antonin Carême, known as "The King of Chefs, and the Chef of Kings."  

Tuesday morning I went for a little brunch with my aunt and we decided to go to Côté France where I was able to quickly order something to eat, but had trouble deciding on dessert. I take my blogging job seriously, so I tried the miniature versions of most of the desserts available... for the sake of my blog of course. 

Let me tell you something, not only are they approximately under 100 calories, but they are so rich in flavor, texture and color that just by looking at them you want to eat them all. And you can... most of them are $1.50! 

So, if you are wondering where can you get some real French pastries, more exactly éclairs, now you know where thanks to my sweet tooth.  

Fun Fact! "Éclair" is French for "lightning." Nobody has been able to figure out why is it called that way. If you have an idea, please share with me and other dessert lovers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment