Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cookie Monster


It's Saturday night and I'm 21. Although I should be at a bar right now, I got bills to pay so I've been working all day. Since I can't stand routine but need to make money somehow, I work with a wedding planner.

Not one event resembles another, they are all different, and the brides...well I can honestly say they are all unique. But I'm not here to talk about "bridezillas," I am here to blog about the sweet side of weddings and my unstoppable search for the Hotel with the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie.

It's been five years since I've worked for wedding and event planner Cheryl Clisby and an infinite list of vendors and caterers from all over the United States, but to me they are all the same unless they have a really good chocolate chip cookie.

A perfect chocolate chip cookie, in my opinion, needs to be room temperature so that the chocolate chips aren't completely melted but aren't stiff either, the dough has to be a little chewy but not too much and the size, it doesn't really matter, as long as they are good.

Every time we have a wedding at a Hotel, Cheryl Clisby's team gets together for a introductory meeting of the event in which the Hotel's caterer will offer us anything we want or need. In my case, I want and need some cookies pronto!

So after having the whole staff ask for some food and drinks, I concentrate on getting my plate of chocolate chip cookies in advance so I can work more efficiently.

Even my boss, Cheryl, tells the Hotel staff: "She lives for those cookies."

After careful consideration and tastings from West Palm Beach to Miami, the title of "Best Chocolate Chip Cookie" goes to the Ritz Carlton Hotels. So next time you stay in one of them, try those cookies and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what am I chopped liver, tell them how I steal your choco cookies because I am the cookie monster, lol.

    ReplyDelete