Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Cake = Good Deed with Cheesecake Factory's red velvet treat


Who would have thought that eating a slice of cake could help the world in the fight against hunger? The Cheesecake Factory did!

Last Thursday my fabulous journalism friends and I went to the Cheesecake Factory during our break to enjoy some nice food and delicious cheesecakes. I had already heard of the new red velvet cheesecake, and as a fan of red velvet cake, you know I had to try it.

What I did not know was that these cakes were somewhat different, as of September 1, the Cheesecake Factory started the "Drive Out the Hunger Tour," meaning that for every slice sold over the first 12 months, the restaurant was going to donate 25 cents to the nation's largest hunger-relief charity, Feeding America.

Not only was I finding pleasure in eating this slice of heaven, but I was actually doing a good deed. I felt really happy, and so did my friends, who at first didn't want to try it but after stealing my fork and cake, said: "This is the most amazing cheesecake ever!"

It is a cheesecake rich in flavor with moist layers of red velvet cake and the original cheesecake and cream cheese frosting and it is finished with white chocolate at the thick end of the slice.

Actually it's called Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake after the contestant who won the "What's Your Flavor" contest by the Cheesecake Factory.

After finding out the partnership between The Cheesecake Factory and Feeding America, I made out my mission to spread out the word about this sweet cause and bought myself a whole cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment