Thursday, October 8, 2009

Models also have dessert: Jello

The life of a model is not easy, I tried to be one once but as soon as somebody told me I had to stop eating desserts, that's when I drew the line. Nobody had ever come between me and my sugar, besides my mom, and that instance was definitely not going to be the first time. 

I said to myself: "How can I ever stop eating sweets? They are so... sweet." But my mom told me there were other ways to satisfy that need for something sugary that didn't require 500 calories. And that's when I started looking into Jello or Gelatin

First of all, it is very easy to make, I remember making it when I was 5 years old. It is also in every supermarket and it comes in all colors and flavors. You can either buy it already made in little containers or you can make it yourself and share with friends and family. 

That wobbly and colorful dessert we were given as kids in our friend's birthday parties, is actually really good for our health and it could, some times, satisfy your hunger for something sweet. 

Here are some of the health benefits of gelatin:
  • It is beneficial to athletes for muscle growth and metabolism
  • It promotes a feeling of fullness
  • Helps maintain regularity
  • It's high collagen protein content helps keep your skin smooth and firm
  • It strengthens the hair and makes it shinier and healthier
  • It makes nails stronger
  • It's excellent for your bones because of its concentration of glycoprotein and proline amino acids.
So it's not only delicious but it also helps improve your body and we can honestly say that Jello makes both your body and mind happy, healthier, and sweeter.

There are many different desserts that can be done using Jello, check out this video and learn how to make a Classic Jello Pie. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment