Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Italian gelato for you and your pooch

Over the time ice cream has always been a favorite dessert for many people, but what about for dogs? I know it must be terrible to eat ice cream in front of your dog and have them look at you with their big puppy eyes. What do you do? What can you give them? And where can you get it? 

Those questions weren't answered for a long time, but finally somebody thought of those special little people that we love and cherish. About a month ago Cream opened to satisfy the palate of gelato fanatics in South Florida -- and I'm also referring to your Chihuahua, Maltese and Poodle. That's right, Cream doesn't discriminate against man's best friend.

I had to take the doggy ice cream taster with me, also known as Oreo, my 
Italian greyhound mix puppy, and sniff for ourselves. I must say, if Oreo could speak she would have said: "Thanks mom, you rock." But her face said it all.

She was a little intimidated at first, I mean it was her first time in front of such a good treat, but once she got the hang of it, she was one happy puppy. 
Her tail was wagging right and left, her tongue was going at 100 mph and her eyes were lit, as if she had reached heaven, only she was still alive and mommy was by her side. 

But she wasn't the only happy person between the two of us, I had 
to try their human gelato as well, after all I'm of Italian descent
and in my trips to Italy I have tried the best gelato. I was also 
intimidated because there has been many attempts to open an Italian gelateria that end up failing because they are not real Italian gelato. But no not this one, Cream nailed it. 

They have about 40 different flavors of ice cream, so you will find the one 
that fits your mood that day. They are rich in flavor and creamy, just like the real Italian gelatos. After trying about all of them, literally, I decided to go with the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. It has chunks of white chocolate and it has pieces of raspberry, but none of it is ever overwhelming. 

So if you want to treat yourself, your family and your pooch, I suggest going to Cream and enjoy not only their amazing ice cream, but their wines, pastries and appetizers. As soon as I try their pastries, I will let you know how they are.

1 comment: